By David Holland

Saturday 09/03/19

KIMBERLEY MINERS WELFARE extended their unbeaten run to eleven games with a 3-0 win at fourth place BARROW TOWN, who themselves had won their last four games. Sacha Markelic put the Brewers ahead just ten minutes in and then there was no further scoring until midway through the second half when Jordan Alls doubled Kimberley’s advantage. Jermain Palmer made the points secure with the third in stoppage time at the end of the game.
The top two continued their winning runs. SELSTON won 3-1 at INGLES after opening their account through Ben Moore on seven minutes and doubling it through Josh Waldram six minutes before the break. Billy Blackshaw pulled one back for the hosts on the stroke of half time and the game was evenly balanced until Carl Moore struck with the league leaders third three minutes from the end.
NEWARK FLOWSERVE, meanwhile, were involved in a blistering start to their home game with CLIPSTONE. Sean Woolley put the home side ahead after just 17 seconds with his first goal since joining the club from Ingles. Solly Limb levelled immediately and Josh Radford put the visitors in front after four minutes. It was level again when Stephen Kirkman scored after eleven, and after a really hectic opening Daryl Price put Newark in front on 18. It stayed like that until just after the hour when Tyrell Shannon-Lewis hit the first of his three goals with Ryley Joseph-Thompson making the final score 7-2.
SHERWOOD COLLIERY kept pace with the leaders as Lewis Weaver and a brace from Jamie York gave them a commanding half time lead against visiting GEDLING MINERS WELFARE. Liam Theakstone and Gareth Curtis added further goals in the second half to secure a 5-0 win.
Patrick Webb becomes goalscorer supreme this week after hitting two in EASTWOOD COMMUNITY’s 3-3 draw at BELPER UNITED in midweek and them rattling in four more in the weekend’s 6-1 win over nine man BORROWASH VICTORIA, who had both Tristan Matthews and Daniel Myers sent off. Joe Harrison and Kieran Knight completed the Red Badgers scorers whilst Charlie Goodwin got the Vics consolation. The aforementioned match at Belper United saw a second half scoring spree as both sides scored three times. Ben Morris got Eastwood’s other goal with Alfie Holland, Laurence Constable and a stoppage time leveller from Tom Curtis claiming the Belper goals.
RAINWORTH MINERS WELFARE secured their first point in four games as they returned from CLIFTON ALL WHITES with a 2-2 draw. Craig Meakin gave the Whites the lead five minutes before the break but then enter Aiden Harris for the visitors. He levelled things up two minutes into the second half and then gave Rainworth the lead in the 52nd minute. Thoughts of a long overdue win for the Wrens was dashed when Nathan Lawrence restored parity with 70 minutes gone.
GRAHAM STREET PRIMS extended their unbeaten run to four games with a comprehensive 3-0 home win over WEST BRIDGFORD. George Lynam got things off to an explosive start with a goal after just six minutes. Michael Fitzhugh extended home advantage on 36 minutes and substitute Kevin Morrow made the victory secure with a third on 68.
Rock bottom ARNOLD TOWN were given a day off as their game at HEANOR TOWN was the only one called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Where next?

Match centre

Latest photos

East Midlands Counties League | newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.