By Stevan Broadhurst

Round-up week ending 7th January 2012

The last unbeaten record in the league fell when HOLBROOK SPORTS lost at home in a league game for the first time this season. And how ironic it turned out to be as visiting BLABY & WHETSTONE ATHLETIC should be the team to do it ending their own 11-game run without a win. Liam Reid’s goals either side of the break ensured the visitors the three points.

The day’s biggest win came from Wembley aspirants OADBY TOWN with a 5-0 thrashing of HOLWELL SPORTS. Jermaine Gordon’s hat-trick on 33,58 and 90 minutes paved the way, with Michael Reeves (49) and Jon Stevenson (72) completing a four goal second half for the home team.

After such a good run of wins ANSTEY NOMADS have hit a slump in form with their latest defeat coming at home to in form BARROW TOWN. But it was a late, late show from the visitors after Clinton Gunn had put the Nomads ahead on 64 minutes. Two goals in the last ten minutes from Carl Adams snatched victory from the hands of defeat for the visitors.

It took a goal eight minutes from the end from Aaron Large to give BLACKWELL MINERS WELFARE the points from the visit of GRAHAM STREET PRIMS to Primrose Hill. Matt Blake had given Blackwell a tenth minute lead but Alex Bolt levelled after half an hour.

Paulo Piliero gave BORROWASH VICTORIA a first half lead, but Gareth Sheldon levelled after 56 minutes for visiting BARDON HILL. Then two goals in a minute turned the game back in favour of the Vics when Paul O’Callaghan’s own goal on 69 minutes and Shane Newton a minute later gave them a winning lead.

Sam Saunt was the toast of ELLISTOWN with his winner on the hour to lift them three places up the table as a result of their 1-0 win over GREENWOOD MEADOWS to give the Leicestershire side their third win of the season.

IBSTOCK UNITED suffered their fifth home defeat of the season when late strikes from Kieran Linnett (75) and Kris Stevenson ten minutes later kept visiting ST ANDREWS in third place in the table in a hard fought game at the Welfare Ground.

HEANOR TOWN continue to head the table but they had to come from behind to gain revenge for their opening day defeat at RADFORD. Jonathan Andrews put the visitors in front totally against the run of play on 31 minutes but goals from Stef Frost and Adam Kay had reversed the scoreline by the break. Substitute Jake Vernon and skipper Nathan Benger with his first goal in 223 minutes consolidated the Lions adventage in the second half.

There was something of a surprise in the Leicestershire & Rutland FA Jelson Homes Senior Cup Quarter Final when in form THURNBY NIRVANA suffered a 3-1 defeat at Leicestershire Senior League Ashby Ivenhoe. Phil Gibson, Luke Thorogood and Jack Willars got the goals for Ashby who came back from an interval deficit after Brett Marvin had given visiting Thurnby the lead

Where next?

Vics add Match Day Secretary Darren Finch has agreed to join Borrowash Victoria -

Match centre

Latest photos

East Midlands Counties League | newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.