By David Holland

Saturday 7th December

Saturday 7th December

WEST BRIDGFORD retained their unbeaten home record and so moved up the table with a 2-0 win over SHIREBROOK TOWN. And it was a Whitehurst combination which did the trick for them. Jonathan putting the Trentsiders ahead after eight minutes and Ryan’s goal on 66 bagging all the points.

Also moving up were HEANOR TOWN who moved into second place with a comfortable 4-0 win at KIMBERLEY MINERS WELFARE, their seventh away win of the season. Former Stag Jonathan Jebbison hit two of the goals in the 17th and 85th minutes with Sam Birks on 27 and skipper Shaun Roulston on 57 completing the scoring.

EASTWOOD COMMUNITY continue to lead the pack, and on a day when half the fixtures ended in stalemate they showed home to come back from the dead to win. Visiting BELPER UNITED went in front on the stroke of half time through James Rushby, and the lead was doubled by Phil Granville just before the hour. Top scorer Paddy Webb started the comeback with 15 minutes left and Ben Gowing
restored parity in the 88th minute. Carl Westcarr hit the winner three minutes into stoppage time.

RADFORD were the other winners in a game with a crazy scoring sequence. Liam Smallwood after four minutes and William Daly three minutes later put the Pheasants on course for victory. The Joshua Radford pulled one back on 13 and that was it until Smallwood’s second goal of the game midway through the second half clinched a hard fought 3-1 win for Radford.

HUCKNALL TOWN lost a bit of ground in the title race but still remain unbeaten away from home. However, it took a goal four minutes into stoppage time from Aaron Short to rescue a point for them. A fifth minute goal from Joe Ashurst put them in front only for goals from Kimari Wilson and Corby Brown inside the first
half hour to put CLIFTON ALL WHITES on top. Joe Butler levelled to send the teams in all square at the break but Thomas Unwin restored home advantage on 68 minutes and it looked like giving Clifton all three points until Short struck.

There were changing fortunes as well at the Riverside where Liam Theakstone got the only goal of the first half to put SHERWOOD COLLIERY ahead. Then goals from Chris Acott on 70 minutes and Sam Richards on 85 put BARROW TOWN in front. Again it took a stoppage time equaliser from Carter Widdowson to rescue a point for the visitors.

GEDLING MINERS WELFARE also lost ground in their quest for a top finish when they were held at home by RAINWORTH MINERS WELFARE. Blessing Adeleye put the visitors in front two minutes before the break and Josh Thornton levelled things up on 62.

It was similar at GRAHAM STREET PRIMS where lowly CLIPSTONE struck first blood through Thomas Weaver in only the second minute. Charlie Goodwin levelled things up on 27 and both sides settled for a point from then.

Where next?

Match centre

East Midlands Counties League | newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.