By David Holland

Midweek 20/21 November

Midweek 20/21 November

Plenty of action in the Nottinghamshire FA Senior Cup where West Bridgford, Eastwood Community and Rainworth Miners Welfare join those already through to the Third Round.
WEST BRIDGFORD were two up inside twelve minutes of their home tie against Stapleford Town through John Whitehurst and Tim Hopkinson. They had to wait then until the second half for Hopkinson to add his second, Tom Betterham to score two more and Ben Clark to finish off the 6-2 hiding of their Notts Senior League opponents.

RAINWORTH MINERS WELFARE also scored six, as they took on Bilborough Town from the Senior League at the Harvey Haddon Stadium. They went two better than West Bridgford though, scoring four times in the opening 19 minutes through Kieran Coupe, Callum Lytham and Aiden Harris (2). Further goals from Kieran Darby and Lewis Weaver in the second half paved the way for a 6-4 win.

A little tighter though for EASTWOOD COMMUNITY in their all East Midlands Counties League clash at SHERWOOD COLLIERY where extra time was needed to separate the sides after Patrick Webb had equalised Curtis Widdowson’s 22nd minute opener with a leveller on the half an hour. No further scoring until Webb struck again from the penalty spot with the winner five minutes into the extra time period. Eastwood had Kieran Knight sent off in the last minute as they defended their advantage.

Not such joy for DUNKIRK in their tough ask match against Midland League front runners Newark Flowserve. The visitors cracked on with goals from Kyle Dixon on the half hour mark and Ben Hutchinson just before the hour. The Boatmen restored parity with two goals in four minutes from Mark Green and Jordan Alls to take the game to extra time. Elliott King then put Flowserve back in front on 97 minutes but Green’s 112th minute penalty brought about kicks from the penalty spot which Flowserve proved to be more efficient at with four successes to one.

The long delayed First Round Jenkins & Jenkins League Cup tie between BELPER UNITED and HEANOR TOWN was finally played at Heanor and United not only became the first side to win at the Town Ground in any competition this year, they also knocked the Lions out of the competition for the second successive season. Jim Rushby’s 9th minute header was the only goal of the first half. Tristan Matthews levelled in 64 but Fenwick Butcher regained the Belper lead two minutes later. Curtis Williamson added a third for United before Nick Hall pulled one back three minutes from the end, but Belper held out for a 3-2 win.

The only league game played was at The Dovecote where INGLES and GRAHAM STREET PRIMS shared the spoils with a 1-1 draw. Daniel Bryans put the Leicestershire side in front on 15 minutes but George Lynam levelled five minutes into the second half to give Prims a point.

Where next?

League Discipline Table 22/11/19 EMCFL disciplinary Table issued by the Football Association

Match centre

Latest photos

East Midlands Counties League | newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.