By David Holland

29/12/18 - 673 watched 2 - 2 Top of the table clash Newark Flowserve v Selston

Despite the recent wet weather there was a full compliment of games played and some good crowds to go with them.
A massive 673 saw the top-of-the-table clash at Hawton Lane between NEWARK FLOWSERVE and SELSTON which ended all square. Carl Moore gave the visitors the lead in the ninth minute when then held until seconds after half time when Jamie Lloyd levelled. Daryl Price then put Flowserve in front on 58 minutes but Klarke Greenham levelled twelve minutes later.
Another big crowd of 212 saw HEANOR TOWN gain revenge for an early season 5-1 thrashing by EASTWOOD COMMUNITY with a 3-1 win at Coronation Park. Jordan Ball gave the Lions the lead after twenty minutes, Devante Reittie made it two on 59 minutes with a goal on his debut and Jordan Ball’s second goal of the game on 75 sealed the points. Kieran Knight got a consolation for Eastwood, who obviously had eyes on next week’s FA Vase clash at Deeping Rangers, eight minutes from the end.
Three goals in the last ten minutes brought WEST BRIDGFORD a point at BARROW TOWN after the Riversiders had run up a big lead. Chris Davis and Zak Ginvert had given Barrow a good start before a second half penalty from Kyle Wrenn halved their lead. Daniel Page and Callum Payne then put Barrow 4-1 in front before a brace from Kieran Wall on 80 and 86 minute and a 90th minute leveller from Ryan Whitehurst gave the Nottingham side a point.
There was another big fight-back at RAINWORTH MINERS WELFARE where struggling BORROWASH VICTORIA looked to be heading for a rare win. Josh Matkin had given the visitors a 28th minute lead which William Spray levelled for Rainworth three minutes before the break. Then goals from Charlie Goodwin and a Ben Copestake own goal looked like giving Borrowash the points. But ten men Rainworth, a man light from the twentieth minute, hit back to score through Josh Asuman with eigtht minutes left and then level through Ethan Wiesztart three minutes into stoppage time. The Wrens thought they had won it moments later when the ball was bundled into the Vics net again, but it was disallowed.
SHERWOOD COLLIERY stay in touch with the leaders as a result of a 3-1 win over CLIFTON ALL WHITES. Lewis Weaver gave them a half-time lead which Daryll Thomas equalised on 68 minutes. But parity didn’t last long as Eden Homer put Sherwood back in front four minutes later and Gareth Curtis made sure of the points ten minutes from the end.
A Lee Williamson goal after 22 minutes gave KIMBERLEY MINERS WELFARE all three points from their visit to TEVERSAL.
The only hat-trick of the day was recorded by Sam Vickers as BELPER UNITED beat GEDLING MINERS WELFARE 4-1. Laurence Constable scored their other goal with Jack Jepson netting for the visitors.
Substitute Matt Taylor got the goal which completed the come-back for GRAHAM STREET PRIMS with five minutes left. Visitors ASHBY IVANHOE had gone in front from a Sam Carline penalty on 42 minutes which Kevin Morrow cancelled out with his 44th minute goal.
RADFORD left things even later, a Simon Hore penalty seven minutes into stoppage time at the end of the game giving them all three points from their home encounter with CLIPSTONE. Bradley Cox had put the visitors in front on 42 minutes but Ryan Smith levelled with twelve minutes left before the stoppage time drama.
Poor ARNOLD TOWN seem to be ending the first half of the season as they started it, with no sign of any improvement on the horizon. A Sam Woolley penalty 18 minutes into their visit to INGLES put them behind, and it got worse as further goals from James Brooks, Kyle Fowkes and a brace from Laithan Hammond saw them return home once again pointless.

Where next?

Match centre

Latest photos

End of season Awards 2019-20
7 photos
ingles vs radford
78 photos
ingles vs radford

East Midlands Counties League | newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.