By David Holland

Action from Saturday 10th November 2018



A late goal from Jamie Renshaw five minutes from the end kept SELSTON at the top of the table and preserved their unbeaten start to the season. This after they had twice had to come back from behind as visiting INGLES threatened an upset. Laithan Hammond put the Shepshed based side in front on 19 minutes but Carl Moore levelled six minutes later. Not to be outdone Connor Bennett restored the visitors advantage on 34 and again the lead lasted just six minutes before Carl Moore once again restored parity. Then came the drama of the late winner.

NEWARK FLOWSERVE enjoyed the biggest win of the day with a 5-1 thrashing of lowly CLIPSTONE at the Lido Ground to stay in second place. They were helped by two penalty awards, the first of which saw Sam Agar complete his hat trick on 53 minutes having previously recorded goal on 38 and 47. Tyrell Shannon-Lewis had the distinction of scoring Flowserve’s first and last goals, his first on eleven minutes, his second a 90th minute spot kick. Steve Sowter got the Clipstone consolation two minutes from the end.

The only thing separating GEDLING MINERS WELFARE and SHERWOOD COLLIERY was a 28th minute Liam Theakstone goal which kept the visitors in third place in the table.

A 2-0 scoreline appears to have been a popular result for teams playing away. Leading scorer Jamie Sleigh put HEANOR TOWN in front at ARNOLD TOWN four minutes before the break and Kyle Daley secured the points in the 77th minute with the second.

Ryan Baker’s 15th minute goal put BELPER UNITED ahead on their visit to ASHBY IVANHOE, and that was secured by a second on 63 minutes from Tim Adcock as United continue to enjoy a rich vein of form which included their midweek demolition job on Ilkeston Town in the Derbyshire FA Senior Cup.

Aaron Short’s first goal of the season on 33 minutes gave EASTWOOD COMMUNITY the lead on their visit to BORROWASH VICTORIA. Kieran Knight ensured the three points would be returning to Coronation Park with a confirming second goal fifteen minutes into the second half.

And it was a similar scoreline at RAINWORTH MINERS WELFARE where visiting CLIFTON ALL WHITES enjoyed an away win. Craig Meakin was responsible for breaking the deadlock in their favour as early as the fourteenth minute and Aaron Large completed the scoring eleven minutes from the end.

You expect drama to occur at the end of a game, but not so at Caernarvon Road where the deadlock was broken three minutes into first half stoppage time as Ryan Smith put visiting RADFORD on the way to three points. And then, on 45 plus six, the visitors were awarded a penalty kick which Simon Hore duly despatched into the net. Thus, a fifth 2-0 away score looked a possibility until Steve Mallinder got what turned out to be a consolation for TEVERSAL.

There was an early goalscoring spree at the Stag Ground where two goals inside the first half hour from Jonathan Jebbison put KIMBERLEY MINERS WELFARE into the lead not once – but twice. This occurance happened because James Parker equalised the first Jebbison goal in the 27th minute for BARROW TOWN. Jermaine Palmer putting the result beyond doubt with a third home goal eight minutes into the second half.

It wasn’t a happy day for WEST BRIDGFORD who suffered another home defeat, this time to a GRAHAM STREET PRIMS side who are scoring goals for fun just at the moment. Kevin Morrow hit a hat trick for them, completing it in the 80th minute after starting it off just two minutes into the game. Michael Fitzhugh got their other goal. Ricky Benwell as early as the fourth minute scored for the home side to restore parity for 38 minutes.

Where next?

AROUND THE COUNTIES By STAN WILTON Just four matches took place in midweek. Including two Cup fixtures sponsored by Jenkins & Jenkins
AROUND THE COUNTIES By STAN WILTON The Midweek Action 6 & 7/11/2018

Match centre

Latest photos

East Midlands Counties League | newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.