Confirm your age. Are you 18 or over?


By David Holland

SELSTON re-opened a three point gap - Saturday 20/10/18



SELSTON re-opened a three point gap at the top of the table as a result of beating RAINWORTH MINERS WELFARE 4-1 at the Parish Ground in front of a healthy crowd of 114. But it was the Wrens who opened the scoring through Blessing Adeleye in the 14th minute. However, their lead lasted only two minutes before Ben Moore levelled. Kyle Hempshall and Grant Hackett added further goals for the home side before the break and Kieron Hinchley completed the scoring just before the hour.

SHERWOOD COLLIERY took advantage of Newark Flowserve playing in the Nottinghamshire FA Senior Cup to take over second spot. However, they had to fight hard for the points at CLIPSTONE where a sole strike through a Laim Theakstone penalty in the 65th minute was the only goal the best crowd of the day of 150 had to cheer.

BORROWASH VICTORIA couldn’t carry their midweek impetus into Saturday’s game and lost at home to BARROW TOWN whose two goals came in the space of three first half minutes just after the half hour mark through Daniel Page and Anthony Marriott.

And despite fighting hard ARNOLD TOWN couldn’t heave themselves off the bottom as they fell at home to EASTWOOD COMMUNITY by the odd goal of three. Rory Smith put the Red Badgers ahead just fifteen minutes in, but Curtis Millward levelled for the hard working Eagles a minute into the second half. Jack Allen got the all important winner for the visitors in the 72nd minute.

WEST BRIDGFORD were another team who couldn’t take advantage and pull away from the bottom places as they fell to yet another home defeat, this time by 4-1 to RADFORD. Ravarn Antonio Jackson scored twice within three minutes midway through the first half and Ryan Smith extended the visitors advantage before the break. That was scoring completed until stoppage time at the end of the game. First Ross McParland got one back for West Bridgford and almost immediately Jan Yeomans opened up the three goal gap for Radford.

TEVERSAL fell to their eighth consecutive defeat at CLIFTON ALL WHITES. Mitch Williams was responsible for putting them behind first of all in the tenth minute and Aaron Large added a second on the half hour mark. Jahred Russell made it 3-0 in the home side’s favour on 75 minutes only for Joel Smith to spoil Clifton’s hopes of a clean sheet by scoring for Teversal with two minutes left.

It took four second half goals to break down a resilient GRAHAM STREET PRIMS side at the Town Ground as HEANOR TOWN put last week’s FA Vase defeat behind them to start climbing up the table. Skipper Dan Chatfield opened the scoring eight minutes into the second half and leading scorer Jamie Sleigh increased the lead from the penalty spot two minutes later. Kyle Daley, one of Heanor’s excellent crop of home grown players, made it three in the 69th minute and Oliver Pratt completed the scoring with twelve minutes remaining.
BELPER UNITED ended a busy week on a high note with a 3-1 win at INGLES. Jim Rushby gave them a first half lead with a goal five minutes before the interval. Ingles found an equaliser from Kyles Fowkes eight minutes into the second half but they were quickly back in arrears when Jim Rushby rattled home a penalty just after the hour. Ben Gowing completed a fine away win for United with a third goal on 73 minutes.

Joe Meakin put GEDLING MINERS WELFARE ahead inside two minutes on their visit to KIMBERLEY MINERS WELFARE. Parity was restored on 24 minutes thanks to a Greg Tobin penalty and the hosts went on to win through Sean Green’s goal a minute into the second half.

NEWARK FLOWSERVE made it through to the next round of the Nottinghamshire FA Senior Cup with a 4-0 win at Central Midlands League Underwood Villa. Two goals from Elliot King and one each from Dan Meadows and Solomon Miller did the trick.

Where next?

Match centre

Latest photos

East Midlands Counties League | newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.